Everest Summit Lodges - Lukla - SERVICES & FACILITIES
Lukla, the gateway to Mt. Everest, lies at 2743 m (9,000 ft). Our lodge is most conveniently located directly opposite the airport. Spacious rooms, a lovely sunny garden and traditional interiors make for a very warm welcome to guests arriving in the Khumbu. Excursion to the nearby village of Bom, just below at 9600 ft / 3000m, with a view looking down towards Lukla and the very interesting airport is an option for guests spending their first night in Lukla.
The Nepal Himalaya .... a different approach !
Everest Summit Lodges has redefined trekking and touring in the Nepal Himalaya with eight high-quality lodges. All lodges have been constructed with a strong awareness for protection of the environment, local culture and people. Exceptional locations offer fantastic mountain scenery be it in the Kathmandu Valley, in the heart of the Khumbu or the rugged terrain of Mustang. All keep close to our concept of avoiding crowded trails, yet lie close to the natural beauty of their environment.
All our programs have been tried, tested and highly appreciated by clients from all over the world. Our guides are trained in all safety aspects of trekking and have many years of experience in leading and taking good care of the need of each of our guests. Trek itineraries are well planned to bring you the very best of walking trails and cultural insights along the way. A highlight each trip is the inclusion of an Everest summiter, to share with you his personal grand adventure stories over high tea or at dinner time.
At every lodge, comfortably furnished rooms with ensuite facilities, traditional style and local hospitality await you. Solar-power provides hot and eco-friendly showers, warm electric blankets, while colonially conveniences such as hot water bottles in comfortable beds revitalize you for the next day. The personnel are hardy boys and girls, native to the region, at home with the surroundings and always ready to serve with a traditionally warm Nepali smile. Despite often harsh conditions, our kitchen staff churn out a creative range of delicacies to suit the most discerning palate !
Leave your troubles behind along with all unnecessary gear like tents and sleeping bags and come, experience the majestic grandeur of the Himalayas in the painless comfort of a well-organised trip, chosen from the range of our programs on offer.
Everest Summit Lodges has
- a restaurant
- a bar room
- laundry service
- attached bath with hot/cold shower
- drawing room
- reading room
We Are Always Ready To Serve You
- On our luxury treks you can leave your sleeping bag behind...
- Except for the lodge in Mende, which has electricity, the rest are powered through solar energy. We ask for your understanding when using hair dryers and shavers and other electrical appliances in these lodges.
- For your health and the environment all lodges have been declared as no smoking zones.
- Each lodge has a pressure bag (Gambow bag) in case of altitude emergency.
- All meals are at our lodges except for some lunches on trek, which are planned ahead at designated local lodges.
- You are booked on full board basis and the only extra's are your beverages. Tea and coffee is served free of cost at all our lodges.
- Laundry service ia available at all our lodges at nominal charges.
- Heating in the rooms is by gas, however, owing to the high and difficult living conditions we limit it to between the shower time in the afternoon until bedtime. We also have to take into consideration the high altitude and the effect of gas in the room. Hot water bags are provided .
- Hot showers are either, electric, solar or gas generated
- At Pangboche rooms do not have heating, rooms have electric blankets, heating is limited to the dining and common areas.
- Tipping information can be provided upon request.
The list of clothing for the trek and other important items besides your personal effects that you will be needing are:
- 1 rain and wind cheater jacket
- 1 Down jacket
- 1 Fleece jacket
- 3 T-shirts
- 1 woolen/fleece cap
- 1 Sun cap
- Ankle length hiking boots (indoor slippers are provide for in the lodges)
- 3 pairs cotton socks, 3 pair woolen socks
- 2 Flannel or similar shirt's
- 2 hiking pants
- 2 casual wear pant
- 1 set long johns/shirt
- 3 pairs each of under garment and vests
- Water bottle
- Sun cream
- UV protective sun glasses
- Duffel bag (we can provide in Kathmandu if you donít own one)
- Battery re-chargers for your cameras